Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Select Medical
- Job ID
- Experience (Years)
- Healthcare Practitioners and Technicians - Other Healthcare Practitioners and Technicians
- Street Address
- 5959 Park Avenue Twelfth Floor
- Select Specialty Hospital
- Position Type
- Per Diem
Clinical Illness Recovery Hospital
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospital, a division of Select Medical, our specialty hospitals care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. We are currently seeking a Clinical Dietitian to join our team. We offer an excellent network of career opportunities across the U.S.
As a Clinical Dietitian, you will provide quality nutritional care to patients such as the development, implementation and monitoring of Medical Nutrition Therapies. You will work collaboratively with the medical staff, patients, families and food service department to ensure the patients’ nutrition care plans are implemented and departmental standards are maintained.
Other responsibilities of the Clinical Dietitian position include:
- Performing nutritional assessments and re-assessments, identifying short and long term goals, recommending nutrition interventions, monitoring and evaluating patient progress
- Working closely with the Speech Therapy Department to assist with the progression of textured modified diets to ensure patient safety and optimize oral intake
- Evaluating potential food/drug interactions, and/or herb/supplement interactions
- Developing and implementing educational programs for patients and staff
- Serving as a resource to the medical staff regarding emerging trends in the nutritional care of LTACH patient population
- Attending Interdisciplinary team meetings and communicating patients’ nutrition care plan, progress and special needs
- Providing clear and concise medical record documentation
- Participating in developing, planning and standardizing menus
- Performing meal rounds to ensure patients' meal trays are consistent with the prescribed diet and meet standards as to quality, quantity, temperature and appearance
- Maintaining current professional registration requirements (i.e., Professional Portfolio, self-development and continuing education)
- Communicating patients’ needs to appropriate team members
As a Clinical Dietitian, you must be able to deliver superior quality in all that you do. We are seeking results-driven team players who treat patients as if they were their own family members. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing a superior quality of care. You must also be a resourceful problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Other requirements of the Clinical Dietitian role include:
- Bachelor’s degree with major studies in food and nutrition
- Current state licensure as well as being currently registered by the Commission on Dietetics Registration
- One (1) year of work experience in a facility setting with clinical responsibilities or equivalent
- Positive, caring and customer-service-oriented attitude
Join a Select Team of Excellence Today!