Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Finance Coordinator - Tax
Finance Coordinator - Tax
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 21,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets -- their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To provide general administrative and accounting functions and finance data support relating to account receivables, account payables, revenue and general ledger; and to research and resolve non-complex issues within the Finance department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains and analyzes balance sheet accounts.
- Performs bookkeeping and accounting duties; performs data entry for Finance department as needed.
- Verifies and posts transactions to journals, ledgers and other records.
- Organizes and maintains files for data records, invoices, journal vouchers and account reconciliations.
- Prepares reports and letters accurately and timely.
- Builds and maintains FRx reports.
- Codes and enters fixed assets into appropriate system.
- Processes and reconciles data integrations into the general ledger system from various external sources (i.e. Concur).
- Assists with timely completion of sales and use tax and property tax filings.
- Assists with maintenance of fixed asset sub-ledger (tax).
- Assists with audits - federal, state and local jurisdiction income tax, sales and use tax, business license/gross receipts, and property tax.
- Assists with research of tax related requests/questions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing:
AS/AA degree or two (2) years of college preferred.
Two (2) years of finance or accounting experience in a support or administrative role or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and/or accounting processes
- Oral and written communication skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Good analytical skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc.is the leader in innovative claims and productivity management solutions to major employers. We provide cost-effective claims administration, managed care, program management and related services through the expertise of over 10,000 in 190+ offices and service locations. We are the largest, most innovative Third Party Administrator in the claims industry and the first and only TPA to receive recognition both as the “Best TPA in America” and “Employer of Choice.”
Sedgwick unique positioning allows you to “Claim Your Future.” We provide satisfying, challenging work along with a highly professional, friendly work atmosphere. We strive to make Sedgwick a place where great people can do great things for our clients. We express this commitment through our colleague development program, multi-dimensional learning resources, and commitment to work-life balance. Sedgwick offers exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits (day one health benefits, STD, LTD, Life, 401(k) plus match, EAP, generous vacation and PTO)
- Flexible work schedules
If you desire a company where you can positively influence lives while maximizing your own career possibilities, Sedgwick is the place for you. Join our Talent Network to explore opportunities.
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.
- Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
- Share job opportunities through Social Media or email