Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
62600 - Memphis, TN - 62600
Regular - Full Time
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 21,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets -- their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To direct all aspects associated with global financial statement consolidation process ensuring consolidated and entity statements are stated accurately and in accordance with GAAP, monitoring and maintaining compliance with company policies, procedures and internal controls.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares financial statements in accordance with GAAP and all related footnotes.
- Develops and executes policies, procedures and strategic initiatives/projects
- Manages multiple entity consolidations, including eliminations and multiple currencies.
- Reviews and manages balance sheet and income statement accounts ensuring proper controls are in place and that entity and consolidated statements are accurately stated, communicated, and reported in accordance with GAAP.
- Leads efforts related to the preparation of financial statements for various entities
- Manages month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing processes.
- Manages the preparation and provides work papers to external auditors and responds to any audit related questions.
- Provides strategic and tactical direction for all areas within responsible domains.
- Responsible for development and execution of departmental budgets.
- Establishes and implements new or revised applications, systems and programs related to area of responsibility.
- Responsible for financial reporting and analysis including distribution.
- Manages research efforts related to consolidated financial statement requests/questions from investors and executive management.
- Communicates issues and other applicable information to management.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required including internationally.
- Administers company personnel policies in all areas and follows company staffing standards and training recommendations.
- Interviews, hires and establishes colleague performance development plans; conducts colleague performance discussions.
- Provides support, guidance, leadership and motivation to promote maximum performance.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree with major in accounting from an accredited college or university required. Master's degree with major in accounting preferred. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred.
Ten (10) years consolidations, intercompany, currency and elimination accounting experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Five (5) years supervisory / management experience required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, regulations and practices
- Strong budget planning skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Advanced reporting skills, including Microsoft Office products
- Excellent project management skills
- Advanced analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer