Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Property Adjuster-1099
Commercial Property Adjuster-1099
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 21,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets -- their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
Sedgwick is a global leader in property insurance claims, offering solutions for commercial and residential markets. We specialize in large/complex losses, large domestic and international commercial risks, middle market commercial property losses, and real estate and catastrophic losses.
To handle large commercial losses and claims for property and casualty insurers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- 1099 positions
- Prior commercial/large loss experience
- Must be skilled in the use of Xactimate and XactAnalysis
- Must have own active XactAnalysis account
- Must own smartphone and have internet access
- Excellent customer service and communication skills needed
- Willingness and ability to climb roofs if necessary
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
Four (4) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated commitment to timely reporting
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to kneel, squat or bend.
- Must be able to work outdoors in hot and/or cold weather conditions.
- Have the ability to climb, crawl, stoop, kneel, reaching/working overhead
- Be able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- Be able to push/pull up to 100 pounds
- Be able to drive up to 4 hours per day.
- Must have continual use of manual dexterity.
Hearing, vision and talking
Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc.is the leader in innovative claims and productivity management solutions to major employers. We provide cost-effective claims administration, managed care, program management and related services through the expertise of over 10,000 in 190+ offices and service locations. We are the largest, most innovative Third Party Administrator in the claims industry and the first and only TPA to receive recognition both as the “Best TPA in America” and “Employer of Choice.”
Sedgwick unique positioning allows you to “Claim Your Future.” We provide satisfying, challenging work along with a highly professional, friendly work atmosphere. We strive to make Sedgwick a place where great people can do great things for our clients. We express this commitment through our colleague development program, multi-dimensional learning resources, and commitment to work-life balance. Sedgwick offers exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits (day one health benefits, STD, LTD, Life, 401(k) plus match, EAP, generous vacation and PTO)
- Flexible work schedules
If you desire a company where you can positively influence lives while maximizing your own career possibilities, Sedgwick is the place for you. Join our Talent Network to explore opportunities.
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.
- Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
- Share job opportunities through Social Media or email