Saddle Creek Logistics Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Distribution Supervisor
at Saddle Creek Logistics Services
Why Work for Saddle Creek?
Saddle Creek is in the logistics business. Over the past 50 years, our associates built Saddle Creek into what it is today by treating each other with respect and working together to succeed. Our people make a difference every day to our clients, to our business, and to each other. The growth and success we’ve experienced requires smart, dedicated people working in a supportive environment.
Growing our family since 1966. Will you join us?
Location: Bartlett, TN 38133
The Senior Distribution Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of Distribution Supervisors and hourly associates to achieve a variety of goals including: productivity, problem resolution, outstanding customer service, employee relations (motivation and development) and maintaining a safe work environment.
Shift: Monday-Friday, 7am-6pm
- Manage up to 15 associates in a 1.2M square foot warehouse within the pulling and loading operations
- Ensure acceptable levels of profitability in multiple business units by meeting or exceeding productivity standards and cost control management
- Ensure exceptional customer service key performance indicators (order fill rate accuracy, unannounced inspections, inventory accuracy, etc.)
- Maintain a clean, professional and safe working environment by meeting or exceeding SCLS corporate safety goals
- Promote constant and measureable improvement; teach and enforce SCLS’ Quality Policy at all times
- Effectively communicate SCLS goals, expectations, areas for improvement and successes to associates
- Conduct annual performance reviews for all staff within the department
- Personally coach, train and mentor supervisors and hourly associates in order to ensure personal growth and career development
- Attend and drive weekly customer meetings
- Create, Audit and Report out daily, weekly and monthly KPI’s to manager and customer
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- 5 years of experience in a warehousing or distribution leadership
- 2+ Years in a Parts Distribution Center is helpful
- Small Parcel, B2B, E-Commerce shipping experience preferred
- International shipping knowledge needed
- Green Belt / 6Sigma knowledge preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), internet, web-based and job specific software applications
- Demonstrated leadership skills to influence department and implement and manage change
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to accomplish work goals by listening, sharing ideas and appreciating others’ efforts
- Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; possess solid judgment, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Ability to function in a high-stress environment while focusing on the completion of operational goals
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects and set priorities
- Ability to build a cohesive team that exemplifies SCLS’ values and operates to support SCLS’ mission statement
- Ability to build and create presentation materials
- Ability to provide clear and concise daily feedback to management
- Ability to develop and tweak Standard Work Instructions
Every Journey Matters
Ever have a package land on your doorstep, and wonder how it got there? You probably didn’t consider the numerous people and hundreds of miles it took to get your product in your hands. At Saddle Creek, we drive the full supply chain to get that package to our client's customers quickly and cost effectively. Our nationwide footprint employs everyone from hourly warehouse workers, to truck drivers, to certified six sigma black-belt engineers. Join us in driving the omnichannel evolution.