Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Portfolio Operations Director
at Progress Residential
Portfolio Operations Director
- Job ID
- Job Location
The Portfolio Operations Director coordinates the management operation of assigned properties within the guidelines of the quality standards, operating objectives, and goals established by the Company and the property management department. This position provides leadership and daily management over an assigned area and team responsible for single-family rental homes and the residents who occupy them. Portfolio Operations Directors are involved in all aspects of field-level property management, included but not limited to marketing, showings, application gathering and review, rent collections, resident inquires, profit and loss (P&L), reporting, as well as, maintenance, turn and construction operations, and general management of the resident experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related work experience.
- 5 or more years of previous property management experience in either the single family or multi-family rental industry.
- At least 3 or more years of supervisory experience.
- Real Estate license/Broker license preferred.
- Proven track record of achieving budgeted P&L objectives.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and is detail oriented.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-changing, growth environment.
- Holds team accountable for results and provides timely feedback. Completes annual performance review process for direct reports and oversees review process for all property management personnel in assigned region.
- Fosters teamwork and mutual respect throughout the company.
- Interacts productively in person and through technology with co-workers, team members.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy, ability to comfortably navigate new technology and competency in MS Office suite a must.
- Previous use of Yardi Voyager a plus.
- Oversee and manage development of Property Management staff across leasing, cash collection, service, turns and construction in assigned market(s).
- Maintains intimate awareness of market/industry conditions and trends.
- Establish environment that promotes teamwork and cohesion with Operations team in order to drive P&L performance.
- Recruit, hire, and train qualified, dynamic, high performance property management and maintenance personnel.
- Enforce policies to enable assigned portfolio to function according to quality standards and operating objectives.
- Understand and possess the ability to train team on fiduciary duty. Lead team in assigned market(s) to always make decisions based on the best interests of the business.
- Ensure that the policies and procedures are followed.
- Drive optimal P&L performance of assigned portfolio: assist in establishing budgets, ensure adherence to budgets, and report on variances in deviations from approved budget.
- Maintain >95% occupancy, <2% delinquency and <75% lease renewal rate on stabilized portfolio in assigned market(s). (specific metrics may be adjusted based on portfolio performance)
- Analyze processes and procedures to ensure optimum efficiency levels.
- Be knowledgeable of provisions in standard lease documents and maintain a working knowledge of resident rules and regulations.
- Carry out other duties as assigned that are in the best interests of the company.
- Work closely with central operations to ensure corporate initiatives are met.
- Oversee all day-to-day property management functions in assigned region, including but not limited to marketing, showings, application gathering and review, lease renewals, rent collection, profit & Loss (P&L), maintenance, and general resident management.
- Lead property management team in maintaining a high degree of customer service and competency level in all resident interactions, whether over the phone or email, through formal written communication or in person.
- Lead property management team in developing and maintaining positive relations with local community and real estate groups/associations.
- Conduct periodic inspections and follow up calls to residents to ensure standards of home care are maintained and the Company’s customer care program is executed.
- Oversee process of conducting and accounting for initial property inspections of all newly internalized rental homes in assigned market(s).
- Ensure that all resident-caused or owner-responsible HOA violations and/or citations are cured in a timely fashion and that fines are not incurred.
- Ensure compliance with guidelines and stipulations of the Property Management Agreement.
- Assist in creation and circulation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative property management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 1 “you earned it” day.
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our future and current residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.