Job: QI/Infection Control Nurse (Full time)
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Correct Care Solutions
Requisition Number: 361
Job Title: QI/Infection Control Nurse (Full time)
Area of Interest:
* Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing, Baccalaureate degree preferred.
* Experience Knowledge and experience in areas of patient care practices, microbiology, asepsis, disinfecting/sterilization, adult education, infectious diseases, communication, program administration and epidemiology.
Attends a basic infection control training course within the first year of entering the profession preferred
Prefer a minimum of five (5) years of clinical experience.
Must have and maintain current licensure as a Registered Nurse within the state.
Must be able to obtain and maintain CPR certification
The Infectious Disease Control Nurse serves as leader, mentor, and role model for the infection control program. Maintains a knowledge base of current infection prevention and control information. Serves as the liaison with the Department of Corrections surrounding infection control issues and as chairperson for a multi-disciplinary infection control committee. Provides professional education for health care, correctional, and other staff as required maintaining an effective infection control program.
1. Establishes and maintains the site Infection Control Program.
2. Assist with patient care, utilization management and other job responsibilities as assigned by Director of Nursing.
3. Maintains a knowledge base of current infection prevention and control information through peer networking, published literature, professional meetings and other avenues as available.
4. Shares knowledge and skills with others and brings creativity and innovation to practice.
5. Makes decisions and performs activities in an ethical manner.
6. Respond to a code or health emergency within standard guidelines.
7. Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
8. Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
9. Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
10. Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis
Correct Care Solutions is an EEO company