Job: Aspire Hanley #2 Teacher 2014-2015 School Year
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Aspire Public Schools
- 1 Aspire Hanley Elementary I Ed Specialist Mild/Moderate 2015-16
- 2 Pre-K Teacher 2015-16
- 3 Aspire Hanley Elementary #2 Blended Learning Teaching Assistant 2015-16
- 4 Facilities and Maintenance Specialist
- 5 Aspire Hanley Elementary #2 Campus Monitor 2015-16
- 6 School Psychologist Aspire Coleman Elementary 2014-2015
- View All Jobs
Browse Similar Jobs: Education - ALL
The Elementary Teacher provides a high quality instruction within a small school environment where every student is known and valued as an individual; serve students in grades K-5; uphold the mission and values of Aspire Public Schools and contribute to our goal that every student has access to a high quality public education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
-Establish a culture of high expectations that includes the shared belief that every student will attend college.
-Develop and implement lesson plans and classroom activities aligned with Tennessee State Standards and Aspire Instructional Guidelines.
-Assess students regularly and analyze student results; refine and differentiate classroom instruction based on assessment data and student needs.
-Collaborate with colleagues to improve instructional practices throughout the school; share best practices.
-Communicate regularly with students and their families about classroom activities and student progress.
-Involve parents and guardians as partners in their students’ education.
-Manage student behavior to ensure every student is fully engaged.
-Actively participate in professional development activities, and work closely with lead teachers, principal, and instructional coaches.
-Maintain accurate student records including attendance.
-Identify unique student needs and collaborate with team members to effectively address those needs.
-Support the mission, vision, and core values of Aspire Public Schools.
-Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities: -Knowledge of child cognitive development and various learning styles -Knowledge of subject matter, including Tennessee State Standards and subject-specific frameworks -Knowledge of assessments -Ability and willingness to implement Aspire Instructional Guidelines and Best Practices -Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative student data -Ability and willingness to reflect and improve instructional practices -Ability to collaborate with colleagues, parents and community -Computer and Internet search skills 2) Minimum educational level: -Bachelors degree -Valid Tennessee Multiple Subject Teaching Credential required -English Language Learner Authorization required -NCLB Highly Qualified 3) Experience required: -1+ year working with students as a teacher, teacher intern, or teaching assistant preferred